View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #32
JLV

Default Re: Modular Death Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyratejohn View Post
Actually, no, that's not what I was saying at all. I believe I was saying at a musket competition I saw people who could easily hit a man-shaped target at a distance of 50 yards and that smooth-bore arms using a mechanically driven spark or flame-based ignition system are not as inaccurate as your quote from the Sharpe's novel supposes they are.
1) I was making a joke with that "broad side of a barn" comment.
2) It wasn't my quote; it was someone else saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyratejohn View Post
I'm fairly certain that, using my stack of research notes from the GURPS Low Tech playtest, my bookcase full of 17th and 18th century titles on combat and military drill, coupled with my practical experience from reenacting the era for over a decade, I can come up with a system that comes close to reality while holding to the simplicity of Melee/Wizard/TFT.
Well, I wish you would do so then! Because I think that would be a GREAT article for whatever the TFT magazine (or whatever it is that Phil's been dropping hints about) when the time comes. And frankly, from the things you've said elsewhere in the forums, I think you'd be exactly the right guy to do it!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote