View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #113
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Zahirah would nod. "I've not met the medium in question. I honestly do not know if they are tied to a demon, a deluded person that just thinks they are seeing signs when really all they are seeing is chance, a con artist, or something else. I just wanted to be aware of the possibilities of what she could be talking about; to know if something could be making ghosts extra restless- such as Saminga pressing many of them into service against their will, or if it was possible that she was aware of the movements of demons with out knowing that's what she was aware of."
Jones shrugs. "Well, to find out you'd need someone you're sure can talk to ghosts. Usually that means the loa Baron Samedi, but I remember you telling me he's hard to trust lately. Beyond that, find out where there's a ghost and persuade him or her to talk to you, and hope he or she knows something. If someone is a ghost, though, they're usually going to want to talk about how they died. Be merciful--I know, that's how you are--but don't indulge to the point where you lose your connection before you get what you came for."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Ida picks up the phone and smiles, "A book fair sounds interesting, I think I'll take you up on that one."

(sorry for delayed response, distracted lately)
"Excellent," Ryuki replies. It starts at five but I probably won't get there until quarter 'til six. Meet me out in front? Have you ever been to one of these before?"

Before Ida can answer, there's a faint beep on the phone. "Nuts. Hold on a minute, there's another call." He switches the phone over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae shrugs

"I never expected anything to come of it. Love is the brightest and strongest of flames. It annoys me that you cannot choose who sets that flame. It is also the greatest gift God gave man. But it's not for everyone. I always knew that he would be nothing more than an object of great beauty and awe, to be admired from afar. But I accepted that, but I did want to at least be his friend. I am saddened, and hurt, that he didn't want my friendship."
"I think I've said it before. He misunderstands you. Wanted your friendship but got it into his head that it was a bad thing. And once you see him up close, I believe you'll rethink that 'beauty and awe' crap." Corat gives Sunae an affectionate punch on the shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"He gives us the list, we shorten it a bit for him." The grin on Kane's face is pure Malakite. "Sound like a workable deal?"
Corat opens his phone and calls Ryuki.

"Corey?"
"Yeah. We have need of a peek in your little black book. Can we meet somewhere?"
"I'll be at the book show this evening, just before six or so. Meet you there? And how many of you are there?"
"Me, Sunae, and Kane as far as I know."
He apparently doesn't realize he's on speakerphone. "Can you persuade them to do me a favor? A little cred...pretend to be tailing me. I'll 'spot' you and wave you over when we get near the occult section. An entourage in San Francisco would create the wrong kind of gossip."