View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Starting to Play Car Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by industrialchild View Post
Thank you for the clarification Andy and for sharing those pictures! That looks like a lot of fun indeed! That's crazy it's currently being held in a 45 gallon tote! Wow!

The ingenuity involved in taking this game into the 3D realm is very impressive and inspiring to me. I already know my interest in Car Wars is more than a fleeting one and one of these days, I'll surely make it a point to attend one of these meetups some way, some how.

I perfectly understand now the issue that you have sometimes with 3D obstacles. That surely is not an easy problem to solve and you just blew my mind.

While I'm not familiar with playing CW in that way, the first thought that came to mind would be to utilize something thin like a various paper clips bent at certain angles for those really tight squeezes, but paper clips I think would be unforgiving and fight you the entire way when you're trying to get a read on it. Maybe coat hangers? I don't know...

That is an interesting problem for sure Andy! Good luck with that and I'll let you know if an idea enters my mind regarding this dilemma!
Appreciated! There's gotta be an answer. I've had one idea, but I don't know if it'll be too small to handle well. Suppose we'll see once I get it prototyped out!

If you're in the Baltimore area, may be able to see / play it in person! This year I'm committed to an event near Hagerstown, MD, and will almost guaranteed be at one in Harrisburg, PA. Next year I'm hoping to do something really special, and get out more (ideally also hitting events in Frederick MD, and Lancaster PA)...but it's gonna be a lot of hard work to get ready in time.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote