View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #20
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Alternative infantry Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
Yes, that's it - if you can hit with a single shell and do A2 damage, it's not going to be weak enough to be AP only. And if you're firing enough light projectiles to do A2 but only against INF, you can split that into 2 A1(AP) attacks instead. Thanks for helping me clarify my own thoughts!
Very succinctly said! That's the kind of thing I was trying for in talking about penetration ability and increasing A being increasing the likelihood of being hit not the oomph of a single shell, but wasn't able to get across.

The only dissonance I continue to have is "What about a great big cloud of submunitions?" Something like a frag mortar, or a cluster bomb, where it's "This hex is being carpeted with explosives. If you're in this hex, it sucks to be you" rather than "I'm going to sweep my machine gun across this group of infantry, then group of infantry, now I'm going to sweep this third group twice as long because screw those guys..." Something like that you can't just hold target for longer to do more damage...

I suppose we could call it "In that case, splitting it represents where you put ground zero, since you can aim the barrage so that the blast radius covers more of group A than of group B", but it just...it doesn't feel right, y'know? It's a splinter in my mind that I can't dig out, and it's driving me nuts.

Either way, I have to applaud how concise it ended up being. Bravo, you two!
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote