View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 07:33 PM   #543
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Every so often, I think."
"But it's hardly common anymore, is it?"
Quote:
"10 years, maybe 20?"
"Any chance of getting anything more recent?"
Quote:
"Most worlds doing mass cloning are using it to run indoctrination and slavery programs. The Concordance dealt with us initially because they couldn't justify their hostility to us to everyone else until they'd built up their presence."
"Why do they need to justify their hostility? They can control the transportation, they can control the narrative"
Quote:
"Its not. No offense, but I wouldn't look for family here. I could help you look for someone or something, but Royal is the boss, not the Mom."
"Oh, my mistake. Seemed like an odd thing to bring up at the same time as the money..."

Maybe this isn't where I belong... It's not like I actually need the money...
Quote:
"Yes, it happens periodically. I was referencing a true story."
"Does it happen on Panagos? Do they just toss the lot of them into the creche system and call it a day?"
Quote:
"With the concordance around, stoking the flames and making wild accusations, its become difficult to even talk reason."
"Isn't that just the activists?"
Quote:
"My parents once tried working with the concordance, trading between worlds. When the concordance decided to push the cloning issue, my parents spoke up in protest. The Concordance took everything thing they had, and left them in deep in debt. Ruined them."
"That's awful! Just came down on them like a pile of bricks? Was there anything official?"
Quote:
"They hoard the knowledge of FTL, because they're scared of what will happen if they loose control of it. Everyone makes decisions in the concordance is from Kuru. They control it all, and they're trying to warp all of humanity to look like them. But we will stop them."
"All of humanity? I take it that the Concordance's aims are bigger than just cloning. What else do they want to change?"
Quote:
"Its information. Owning information is strange."
"I take it there's no copyright office on Panagos."
Quote:
"Would you object if I made a sculpture out of all the hair and dust guests left in my house?"
"Ew! I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but yuck! How would it even go together? I don't even want to think about it!"
Quote:
"That's a good point. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Some Beliefs are Malleable, but it takes a lot of effort. And unless the belief is strange in the first place, you still need to back up the belief with good reasons."
"What makes a belief strange? Religion? Racism? Interpretations of quantum mechanics?"

"And shouldn't it be the other way around? What the belief should be changed to should be backed up with good reasons?"
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote