View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 09:33 AM   #184
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I was more thinking about what information someone who can't comprehend a language spoken could infer from context and such. For example, did the bearded man ever actually say 'Skalindir'? And if so, is Riask a language where people regularly refer to themselves in the third person? Was 'Skalindir' said with the same words prefixing/suffixing his name (like an honorific or a title)?
Riask doesn't do much self referencing in the third person. Both men said Skalindir. Skalindir was referred to with his title "councilor" several times, and it was missed several times, by both speakers.

Quote:
Does Skalindir have a well known face? I've shown my picture of the Bearded man to the other kids, and Rails's step father (I guess?), and if they didn't recognize him even though he's a well known guy, then that'd be a point against that theory.
They don't have photography, and Skalindir isn't important enough to get his face but on money or have statues made of him. Someone here has probably seen him though...

Quote:
I suppose I could go around showing the picture of the bearded man to lots of people. Maybe say that I saw him drop a coin purse and I want to give it back? If it is him, it might even give me an excuse to actually meet him and ask him who the thin man is.
That's an interesting tactic... do you want to go through with it?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote