View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #174
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"When I was wandering around yesterday, spotted them in an out of the way tunnel."
Ump: "So the attack is real! you've got to go tell my Dad! Or maybe not... Rail's Step-Dad. That's probably best."

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what's Julian's Riask at now? Broken? Or still at 'below broken'?
Broken. Which is better than the gesturing kid that was hired about ten days back.

Quote:
I suppose if I cut off the tops of the spears those would be too clumsy to use as a handle.
Not terrible handles... but it would be a LOT of work to cut them off with nothing but their own blades.

Quote:
I'll accept 40L and a knife (40L 15s). I'm not actually sure what I could do with a knife; maybe cut my way through vegetation? Cut ropes? Whittle the poles into spoons or something? That could be a good way to use up all that wood... The obvious answer of what to do with a knife makes me feel a little sick. Her surprised, dead eyed expression-- best not to think of it.
Knife: improvised tool for almost any low-tech skill. Though Peter would get that a lot better than Julian.

Quote:
I think I'll go get one of the poles and bring it back to the vegetative cave to whittle it down or something. Then I'll ask Ump & co. if "twenty stones" has some kind of special meaning.
"Twenty stones? That could be talking about rocks, it could be talking about vasic, or it could be talking about time."

Quote:

Not sure what to roll for whittling; low-tech mentions carpentry for making wooden keys, age of sail pirates mentions artist... I'll go with artist; Julian's going for a nice looking carving, and doesn't really have anything specific in mind.
Carpentry or artist will both work: artist is probably more relevant. I think this falls under the category of "practice".

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote