View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 12:31 PM   #173
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ump: "Really! you saw them! here? or before you came here?!"
"When I was wandering around yesterday, spotted them in an out of the way tunnel."
Quote:
"I can not. I have not seen them. Good work on the language, son. keep it up."
Out of curiosity, what's Julian's Riask at now? Broken? Or still at 'below broken'?
Quote:
Julian loosens the knife blades. They've been taken out of their handles and pounded into the poles, then the poles reinforced with twine. Taking the knives out of the poles is a lot of work... about an hour for 16 spears.
I suppose if I cut off the tops of the spears those would be too clumsy to use as a handle.
Quote:
After some arguing, Julian leaves with 44L 9s for the knives. Alternatively, he offers 40L and a knife with an actual handle... which is worth more in total. Knives are generally 8L.
I'll accept 40L and a knife (40L 15s). I'm not actually sure what I could do with a knife; maybe cut my way through vegetation? Cut ropes? Whittle the poles into spoons or something? That could be a good way to use up all that wood... The obvious answer of what to do with a knife makes me feel a little sick. Her surprised, dead eyed expression-- best not to think of it.

To Do List
- Work at the mines [Done for today]
- Untie/cut off the knives from the poles
- Sell the knives to the knife merchant, hopefully without getting the guards involved.
- Work on identifying the people in my dream
- Ask around to see if "twenty stones" means anything to anyone.
- Decide what to do with all these poles.

I think I'll go get one of the poles and bring it back to the vegetative cave to whittle it down or something. Then I'll ask Ump & co. if "twenty stones" has some kind of special meaning.

Not sure what to roll for whittling; low-tech mentions carpentry for making wooden keys, age of sail pirates mentions artist... I'll go with artist; Julian's going for a nice looking carving, and doesn't really have anything specific in mind.
Quote:
[26] 22-07-01 20:29:00 CEST
Artist (Woodworking) by default
3d6 <= 7
4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... failure
Oh well. It's just to kill time really.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote