View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #129
RogerBW

Default Re: Equipment for PC Dreamland Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Anything that people can remember can be traced.

To take an example, gold is fungible and both Swiss and US firms are often accused of buying illegally mined gold, but that doesn't mean that exchanging 125 kg of gold for goods or services is not likely to be remarked and remembered.
This isn't a binary thing, I think.

"Sure, I remember some guys who paid with a lot of gold. At the conversion rate I charged them, I didn't care to know any more than that, and all the gold has been melted down, mixed with other gold to confound any trace element analysis, and sold on."

Quote:
I told the players to pick birth dates for their characters with occult significance, something related to their particular character concepts. None have yet done so, probably because none of my players believe in astrology, numerology or any other -ogy which would allow them to know whether or not a particular date is auspicious, momentous, portentous or any other kind of -ous.
As far as I can see, real-world professional astrology/numerology is largely the art of having a system which will come up with really bland hooks off which to hang the results of a cold or warm reading done by the astrologer. Nobody will ever get told "your birth date isn't auspicious for your advancement in arcane knowledge, please go away"… until they run out of money.

So in practice I'd probably just look at the decanic modifiers in Thaumatology.

Quote:
Let the waters team with parasitic Copepods. Let them be Size Modifier 0 and retain the uncanny reaction speed of the tiny Copepods. Let some live attached to truly vast, non-Euclidean, monstrous forms in the deeps. Let others seek hosts for their parasitic life cycle, their obviously lethal breeding mechanism and their feeding.
I'm rather fond of deep-sea isopods, too. All they really need is Vacuum Support.

Quote:
None of it should be made of metal, but the Dreamland materials of ice-crystals, exotic leather and any other suitable things (suggestions, please?) will be far better than any mundane, Earthly equipment.
I'd have thought wood ought to be a major part of the structural setup, which has lots of possibilities.
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote