View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #31
Knockman

Default Re: Strategic & Tactical Objectives Counter Sheet

And at last, there's order news available....

Our friends in Wayland Games now have the sponsor sheets up online for the proper pre-order. See the new web-page to learn more:

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/steve-.../cat_1442.html

You will see that our S&TO sheet is listed, along with the promised Bundle deal where you can get our sheet and Drew's set for 'Barbarians at the Gates'.

That Bundle is on at a very special price - we have a stock of 400 of Drew's sets, and I doubt whether it's likely we'll get an additional re-stock of Drew's sheets arranged for UK & Europe. It's simply down to those guys at Steve Jackson Games doing some box-swapping and hefting between the two consignments that we're even in this position to support each other, so our thanks go out to those in Texas who sorted this for us.

Things you need to note:

* Printing scenario booklets involved more work and a lot more complex inter-action that then generated even further delay. We're not happy with that, and we're not prepared to delay putting these sheets out there. So, the Basic Information document that will outline the details needed about the counters on the S&TO sheet will be put up on the Wayland Games site as a free download.

* We've also got three Scenarios planned - well, the actual aim now is to make them more like 'Story-Arcs' where you will have three or four consecutive games to play, where some of the counters will be linked into those consecutive phases. So each 'Story-Arc' will be more like a mini-campaign. "Operation Long-Reach I" - the first of these - we hope to have finished soon, once text formatting and artwork is complete. These will be released throughout 2014 and all three will be available as free downloads from the Wayland Games site too.

* And any of Drew's support material for his excellent 'Barbarians at the Gates' sets will be made available too.

* And for a limited period, Wayland Games are offering a free shipping promotion for orders over £40.

So we hope this makes up for the wait, and we all appreciate your patience in our first venture into this sort of business. We'll make a few more announcements as time goes on, and look to keep you all informed. If you have any questions, just ask - and hopefully either myself or one of my colleagues can reply here on this thread.

Best wishes, happy browsing, look forward to your pre-orders and your questions and ideas, and my personal thanks again to Drew for walking that same path we found ourselves on two years ago!

----
Operation Long-Reach I

Phase 1

The GEV-MCP had collected a lot of chatter, and after a long night of checking, sifting, analysis, some clever guess-work and a lot of coffee & hooch, the C3-ISTAR people completed the jigsaw just before dawn.

The enemy had a plan - a long-range strike, multiple ICBMs into the heart of our territory, our people. We knew the basics - but we didn’t know the target or where they were launching from. But we knew exactly where we could get some answers - the PentComm, a joint Military and Civ-Gov HQ in the reserve areas of this region.

Just one hang-up - PentComm lay behind the enemy frontline, currently manned by elements of the 61st Positional Army, the only enemy army that had never suffered a breakthrough - ever.

Once the briefing was over, I wrote my ‘Sorry Darling’ letter...

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote