View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
smurf
Banned

Default Re: [Toxic Memes] Memetics: rules, power, effectiveness etc.

I'm not a big fan of Memetics, it appears to do something that something else does but avoids saying that by calling itself Memetics.

If ideas are transferred culturally via Memes and if they are Toxic (seriously how are ideas Toxic and how does it infect your gene pool?) are there antidote or immunisation memes?

The problems arise with genetic 'defects' of memes that dictate that the individual is no longer responsible for its actions. The so called 'criminal disposition' because some DNA scientist has 'found' the criminal gene, the driving car fast gene or something totally unfeasable because evolution has not created X because it was created by social means etc.

Now to really push the boat out... if memetics is true and it can be activated my surname is Stephens brought to (then) England by the French. Therefore, is there a meme to make me speak and read French (albeit old French)? Now That's taking it back by about 1000 years, so how far back in time does Memes have access to ancient stuff.

But let's run with it, it's fun. We will need Meme blockers, Meme enhancers and Meme switches to turn them on and off. What does this do to the individual, you are not who you are but the Genetic combination of past Memes. Hello, Future Shock (no I'm not an Alvin Topher fan). Meme assassination, injecting Memes into people (Dark City?) and is that a genetic assault.

What is meant by Toxic?
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote