View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
zot

Default Re: Illusions as scouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Interesting, but I can't tell from this aside whether or not you both agree with the fundamental premise that a wizard can create an illusion and then send it to and fro to observe his or her surroundings. In particular, the comment about the bat illusion not actually relaying information gathered by sonar suggests you don't think an illusion can show you something you haven't seen.
EDIT: I replied before catching up with this thread and didn't see your comment about pages 138-139 :)

Yes, I believe the rules on illusions are quite clear: the wizard sees out of the illusion's "eyes" just as with a summoned creature. The rules also characterize illusions as a "knot of forces" in the disbelief rules on page 138 and page 139 says that illusionary fire actually burns real things and illusionary weapons actually damage physical things:

"Mages theorize this is true because these few inanimate objects are so often seen as illusions that they have somehow acquired extra power."

So Illusions in TFT are more than just mental, they're quasi-physical objective manifestations, shaped by the observers.

I seem to remember a ruling from Steve about wizards using senses from a creation that the wizard didn't have, like sonar, but I don't remember what he said about it :(.

Last edited by zot; 07-14-2020 at 06:03 PM.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote