View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #5
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: A sack of DFRPG questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
In both BS and DFRPG, I see no mention of how Cowardice interacts with Intimidation. Am I missing something, or is Cowardice, as written, simply not meant to reduce resistance to Intimidation?
Two things:

1 - Intimidation isn't always about physical danger, someone can make threats concerning others that the character cares or other things.

2 - Intimidation is all about convincing someone that you are not only capable of doing as you threaten, but willing. Failing to Intimidate means you've failed at one or both of these things.

Quote:
By the rules, does encumbrance affect Acrobatics? In Adventurers, neither the section on encumbrance nor the Acrobatics skill entry suggest so, but the description of thieves' armor (p110) does. (Wait – rules for Dungeon Parkour in Exploits give a definite "yes", so I guess this isn't actually a question after all. But let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.)
Not as far as I can tell.

Quote:
Exploits p58 says poisoning a weapon is a long action, and refers the reader to page 32, which lists times for long actions – but not weapon poisoning. How long does it take?
Good rule of thumb is one minute.

Quote:
Notes for Esoteric Medicine (Druid) in Adventurers and medical treatment rules in Exploits state that a healer's kit is needed to use Esoteric Medicine – a pretty big consideration that's confirmed on Adventurers p114, tucked away in the kit description. The kit also gives +1 to skill. So, it would appear that one never rolls against straight skill for a practical application of Esoteric Medicine; you either roll at +1 for the kit, or you can't use the skill at all. Is this a correct understanding?
huh. Didn't notice that dumb line in the Druid's write up of the skill. I thought the Druid and Cleric write ups would be nigh identical.

Quote:
Is Esoteric Medicine (Druid) affected by Nature's Strength?
No. Likewise for Clerics.

Though it should, as with the Cleric's ability it requires Sanctity to use.

Hmmm.... so maybe the Cleric's is bestowed by their diety and the Driud's by their kit?

Quote:
Wounded disad: Regular armor over the location of course protects the wound, but the writeup says nothing about whether natural armor (Tough Skin, fur, scales, etc.) covers what’s described as an "open wound". This omission would suggest that natural armor does protect, but that doesn't sound right. Am I missing something?
As per the write up for Tough Skin, it would be an open wound (if not covered by unnatural armor).

Quote:
Is that a good understanding of how to maximize group income from selling loot?
Yes.

Quote:
Final, less-than-serious question: One Hand gives +1 to Intimidation if the hand is replaced with a knife, etc. Does a Corpse Golem get +2 for two knife-hands? (Less-than-serious rules lawyer response: "No; the book says the bonus is for One Hand; the Corpse Golem has no hands, so gets no bonus.")
Corpse Golem doesn't even bother to make Intimidate checks.

But yeah, if you want to have the Corpse Golem make some cutting remarks to scare it's foes, I'd give it +2.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote