View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #11
A Ladder

Default Re: [DF] Turning bodies to loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Have you looked at DF8: Treasure Tables? Common furs are worth $200 per 75 lbs., while exotic furs are worth $500, 75 lbs., etc. (p. 12). The fur of a bear weighs 50 lbs. It has DR 2, which would probably be relevant for the weight - say that the fur weighs 1/5 to 1/20 of body weight (this is off the top of my head, I have no experience with hunting). I couldn't find any information on horns and antlers, etc. though. They can be used as decoration, I suppose. Still, DF8 would be where I would look.

If there is no listed weight I would say... 1dx$100? Lots of cutting damage would reduce that, obviously but that might be going into too much detail for a DF game. It depends on how much loot you want them to get.
Going off of this you could say monster pelts are worth (1d-1)x$1 per pound of fur for regular monsters, going up to 2dx$1 per pound of fur for exotic creatures.
Going off of what (E) said this is 10% - 20% weight (which can be eyeballed using wikipedia or their Build weight (p. B18).
For food I would do 1/10th of fur value (so (1d-1)x$1 per 10 ten pounds to 2dx$1 per 10 pounds of meat) and use 50% of their weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Gotta be fast to escape the propaganda machine of Viking swiftness
A Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote