View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #290
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What do we need to move forward?
I think I need to make a notepad and keep track of stats there so I don't have to keep scrolling to past posts to remind myself :) It gets harder and harder the more tangents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane (March 21) View Post
You had brought up a good point earlier though, being at 7/12 HP is entirely due to suffering 5 HP to my left leg
You lost 3 HP to a torso hit but there is no need to track that since it didn't even hit the first tier ("Injury over 1/3 HP: -1 to DX for all purposes.") which would require a total of 4 HP to the torso (I really should be trying to do that!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane (March 30) View Post
I'm at 1/12 AP 8/12 FP 5/12 AP and lying down!
correction: 2/12 AP + 8/12 FP + 6/12 HP, still lying down of course
For that reason... yeah I actually am at 1/12 AP in the end. Losing 2 less AP than I previously thought was countered by forgetting to apply two separate 1 AP costs (Breakfall and "Facing and Posture Changes")
I was searching for instances of "HP" and I can't seem to find any since then, so I assume neither of us was injured since these?

I assume you're still at 7/10 HP from the torso hit and I seem to have went from 7/12 to 6/12 HP but I can't figure out where =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane (November 18) View Post
That's right...
The throwing of this kick reduces your AP by 1... this seems to be where we last discussed your AP, so I think you were at 8/10 and then spent 2 reducing yourself to 6 AP so now you're down to 5/12?
I was down to 9/12 AP last I think... so an active defense attempt will reduce me to 8/12 AP.
Trying to figure out where I was... my base dodge is normally 9, but due to being at 9/12 FP, I suffer a -1 HT -1 DX penalty which reduced my Basic Speed enough that Dodge is 8...

+1 One Foe... I guess I could get another +2 by using Feverish Defense (AP from 8/12 to 6/12) so that I can roll against 11.... Not going to bother with Acrobatic since that's bound to fail. I'm not forgetting any other possible bonuses am I? I rolled an 8! Success! I didn't need to use Feverish at all... AP waste fail.
So I think AP-wise I'm at 6/12 you're at 5/10 .. ?
FP-wise you're at I'm at 9/12 and you're at... I want to guess 8/10 but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane (November 22) View Post
Aug 5th since you retreated you were 1 yard off, so my remaining 1 yard of momentum brought me into your hex again (as mentioned Aug 6)
Aug 8th you did a retreat+dodge against a punch..
..3 months of distraction about AP and deceleration..
Nov 18th I finally decided to dodge the punch and succeeded
..more AP discussion..

So I guess where we're left off is since I don't want to spend AP to prevent an impending accidental (non-attack non-slam) collision so we should first roll to see if it happens (9 or less?) or if we somehow miss colliding and I get a free evasion attempt (at -4?) from my residual momentum.

My thoughts are kinda muddied on where we left off. Probably no point dwelling on damage if it might not happen at all. If it does, I'll let you piece together something based on the ideas thrown around?

If you agree on that 9 or less randomness would you roll it?

If it succeeds, I guess either of us could treat it like an attack and make a defence against if if we wanted to?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote