View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #214
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
I like the idea of a single contest where you're more likely to succeed the more things there are, with MoS deciding how many things you spot. Sounds a lot like how burst fire works. In the case of "not always the first shoe first" when you find out the number of things you spot, you could then maybe do some kind of percentile based on closeness, where the closer and more obvious stuff has a higher likelihood.

Then again, not knowing how to construct such odds, rolling individually in the first place might be easier. Penalties for simultaneous spotting should be fine so long are small and don't make the end result more likely to spot nothing at all.
We could strait up use the rapid fire rules for how many things are spotted, and for the bonus given. Its not as generous as it could be, but its a decent aproximation.

For choosing between the two shoes if the PC only sees one, a quick contest of the two per checks probably gives a reasonable results.

How are you feeling about the +4 for being against a uniform background?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote