View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
Bruno

Default Re: Questions about random treasure generation

Squee! A response from the author himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Probably, yes, if only to avoid potential conflicts.

No. Stuff from Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items should definitely be included.
I'm thinking I want to discuss with SJG, and if they're amenable, I'd add a toggle to optionally add in items from GURPS books they approve of (things from the DF line are obvious places to start as they're cross-promoted to DFRPG players, but I'd love to include things from GURPS Fantasy Tech 2 if they don't mind).

Quote:
Yes. The philosophy behind DF8 was that typically it wasn't the kind of item which made something treasure, but how fancy it was. A fork isn't treasure; a jewel-studded golden fork is. So, yes: furniture, clothing, household items, all that kind of stuff should be in there, as long as it can be made shiny.
I'm wondering if I should weight "boring" items to having more shinyness applied to them than otherwise expected. I have to be careful that it doesn't get too Dwarf Fortress in there though.

Quote:
I'm very much in favor of piling on as many different adjectives as possible, so yes.
A man after my own heart.

Something I'm particularly giggling about is that C# comes with a giant list of colour names. So not only can I have a great big list without any effort, but my web-page can provide a little colour swatch to show what colour something is enameled with :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote