View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 02:26 AM   #8
scimon

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Campaign Idea

Just remembered another idea I had. In a earlier post I said

Quote:
The other idea I had was the Empire was mostly Dwarves and Elves, Humans were second class citizens who were "looked after" by there betters. Only those who proved worthy were allowed to breed to stop them getting out of control. But this all broke down in the new world. There were more Humans there than the other and the magic keeping them sterile didn't work any more.
Nah. The Humans sterility was removed by the Empire once Trevallis fell in order to start building up a fighting force. The longer lived races figured their defensive stance (and some judicious Age spells) would let the get a sold fighting force together in double quick time.

"Congratulations on your fourth birthday young man. You're drafted."

The more I think about it the more the Empire becomes a bit nasty. Magical Technocracy ruled by Unaging overlords who viewed Humans as pets at the best of times.... yeah. Sure it was full of wonders and effectively TL 4+3 or so in some areas (with the 3 being Magical) but stagnant and stifling for the humans. (Though many didn't realise, fish and water and all that).
MIB #0366. Scotland.
scimon is offline   Reply With Quote