View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
scimon

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Campaign Idea

So I have a lot more of it bobbling around in my head. The idea is I can't just run random dungeon fanstay without SOME kind of setting.

My current theory of the Dark Lord is he'd got bored ruling the ashes of the Empire years before the Republicans returned and had wandered off. Where he is now is anyones guess.

The the dark races are pretty much the standard tropes.

Quote:
A Concave wall of smooth obsidian where the lava cooled against the utterdomes sounds gorgeous.
Thanks. That was the core idea that woke me at 4am and wouldn't let me sleep everything else rolled out of that. And it means I can make dungeon crawls out of underground cities.

And yes, the easily accessible ones are populated by Orks and Goblins and the like who found them the perfect place to stay. Especially as the magical clouds the Dark Lord kept permanently in the sky were dispersed andthey needed to hide from the sun.

The other idea I had was the Empire was mostly Dwarves and Elves, Humans were second class citizens who were "looked after" by there betters. Only those who proved worthy were allowed to breed to stop them getting out of control. But this all broke down in the new world. There were more Humans there than the other and the magic keeping them sterile didn't work any more. Also the new land had halflings, simple folks who lived at peace with the land. Luckily for them the settlers needed allies and had no chance of support from afar so they had to be friends.

The idea is the Republic is much more about personal freedom and the like. But there magic isn't as good. Oh and a lot of the old empire is still untamed and full of nastiness.

Tomorrow I may make some maps.
MIB #0366. Scotland.
scimon is offline   Reply With Quote