View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
zorg
Experimental Subject

Default Re: [Martial Arts] Things I would like to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead
How would you “gently guide the attack away" when you’re being hit with a car? I don’t think a fly could guide my fist away, how could someone with a strength of 20 “gently guide the attack away" when they’re being punched by someone with a Strength of 300. If they’re only stepping away, that’s a dodge.
You can't parry a car (except if you're Mechatron and as high as a building...)
A fly can't parry your fist mostly because of the size difference (and the lack of trainig on the part of the fly), I'd say. The flys "arms" are too short to guide your fist away. Though flys are pretty good at dodging.
ST20 guy can, imo, parry ST300 guy (assuming both are roughly humanoid). MA is all about using the enemies force against him, right?

Quote:
What’s the difference between a bullet and a thrown weapon that’s travelling as fast or faster?
In this context, there is no functional difference. If a thrown knife was as fast as a bullet, I wouldn't allow parry - but that's hard to quantify, right? Isn't the approximation "bullet-speed" vs. "arrow-speed" vs "thrown weapon speed" sufficient in most cases? (Now, I'm talking here without checking the books... I have no idea how extensively the rules cover this)

Quote:
An exact point, no, better guidelines, yes.
Well, ymmv. Now that you have posted your request, tptb will read it and take it in consideration, I guess.

Quote:
Yeah but the sentence was easier to write that way.
Just nitpicking :)