View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #15
Moonsight

Default Re: In Nomine....does it have a "Pro-Heaven" bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
No one has EVER said it fits ANY real world religion other than in the broadest most basic of ways.
Perhaps by "Broadest" you mean it's the "Post-Gnostic" Abrahamic myths that trying to find a way to present Angels as "Good" and Demons as "Evil" which not only leads cut out cardboard characters but also it ignores the context of what Abrahamic faiths especially the context of "Good" and "Evil" is really about which historically it has enabled patriarchy, witchhunts, the crusades, etc which according to this game I imagine, they're all justified which is disgusting.

Anyways, I'm more in the favor of presenting Yahweh as a outright antagonist who is directly responsible for many countless atrocities under his name and thrives on it because he's a Storm-War God or the "Lord of Hosts" which is what he originally was in Canaanite Mythology which I actually came up with story that he lead a "one man revolution" using his army of angels which he actually murdered his own pantheon because he felt should be the only God in existence and usurped power after murdering his Father El to take over as the "God most High" and now has his sights on other Pantheons....Although I'm not so sure if In Nomine lets me do that...

Of course though what about twisting the definitions of "Empathy" and "Selfishlessness" and "God is Everything!" that he's actually a narcissistic tyrant who enforces mindless conformity on his subjects so he can smile upon it while it's feeding his own ego that is.

Last edited by Moonsight; 07-07-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Moonsight is offline   Reply With Quote