View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Restoration Spell Makes It Worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
....There is no crippling injury to act on. Fast Fire and Extinguish Fire don't need to list that it has no effect when there's no fire, why should Restoration need to list that it has no effect when there's no crippling injury? Why would you need to list that you can't cast healing spells on someone who isn't injured?
What if the person already has a crippling injury, but one that's not totally crippling? If Restoration was intended to be able to be used offensively, i.e. causing a month of total Deafness to a person with Hard of Hearing, or Blindness to a Near-Sighted person for a month, then I think it should show the possibility for resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
....Your relative has the benefit of TL8 surgery. All the way up to a TL 6 environment, having the eye corrected pain free, surgery free, and with no chance of infection is a pretty big deal. Do one eye at a time and you don't even have blindness.
No, you wouldn't have Blindness for a month, you'd effectively have One Eye. And there is a low chance of infection, which can range from sinus infection to the very serious Endophthalmitis which can cause Blindness.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote