View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 01:32 AM   #16
scc

Default Re: Magic systems on Yrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Not to mention, Magic introduced us to Syntactic Magic (Futhark Runic is given specific mention in Magic, IIRC), so by that logic there are syntactic mages running around Yrth. This could be useful for giving players some much-needed variety. ("You don't want to cast regular spells and don't like the Ritual variant, but you still want to play a spellcaster of some sort? How do you feel about Syntactic?")

My personal assumption is that a particular system of magic is available unless something in the setting (or the GM) claims it is not, not the other way around. Whether it is common or not is a different matter. . . .
Actually Magic has both Futhark and Ogham alphabets, but they require different specializations of Symbol Drawing, yet this talent I noticed doesn't say which one it boosts and given the way talents works it's likely it effects BOTH, and it's a little unclear if they need different versions of Magery if the GM requires that

Now you see why this upset me, this 5 point per level Talent can replace up to 6 different forms of Magery (Sort of)
scc is offline   Reply With Quote