View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 03:01 AM   #5
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: JTAS SJG version

I haven't come across any articles that are severely mangled, but about 1/3 of the images seem to be mangled so I wouldn't doubt if some of the articles are mangled as well. And I got the download link, but the zip file contains mangled files too. Interestingly, the zip file had some different corrupted files than the thumb drive did; My thumb drive had the JTAS banner image intact, but in the zip file it was corrupted. For now I'm hanging onto both.

The default index files that Marc provided uses frames and uses the screen real estate somewhat poorly. I wound up spending a little time making my own index page with a better layout. A lot of the articles have non-standard ascii characters that crept into them, which causes some odd formatting issues.

I'm a little disappointed in the quality of the files, but extremely happy to see them all together again. Marc has said that he's planning on cleaning things up and providing another download in the future, so hopefully he'll get the corrupted files fixed at some point.

If anybody is interested I've set up a download link for my replacement index files. You'll need to unzip these files into the JTAS folder on the thumb drive. It will replace the index.html file as well as some of the other index HTML files with cleaned up versions, however it does *NOT* contain or replace any of the article files - meaning it's utterly useless if you didn't buy the JTAS archive.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 02-04-2018 at 03:13 AM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote