View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
namada

Default Re: GURPS Fate of Cthulhu

Since I got zero replies, I just thought I'd add the bit I found interesting as a campaign premise, in case folks were simply not willing to click & read...
[Quoted from link:]
Quote:
The idea for Fate of Cthulhu started with a simple question: what if Cthulhu operated like Skynet? In this game you'll face down Mythos-style threats with Terminator-style action and adventure, whether as a present-day Sarah Connor type, or an agent from the future already facing the creeping effects of corruption. This is Lovecraftian roleplaying made new again, with time-traveling operatives from a future apocalypse journeying back to the present day to warn others of the coming danger (and recruit them) to try to set the timeline on a new and hopefully better course.
Not something I'd pay for in a "complete rpg," especially not a FATE-based one (personal bias,) but that's something I could see paying SJG for, if the premise had been worked out as a whole campaign for GURPS instead. Even if I'd never run that hypothetical campaign, some material would have seen use at my table.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote