View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
Polydamas

Default Re: Hiding the Bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Disadvantages should only rarely enable behavior. Callous is one of the few exceptions, but even then, I'd say that an appropriate skill or will roll would also help things along. The 0-point gurps character is not an innocent civilian: they're a very pragmatic individual who is free to act in their best calculated interest: most of the time personality limitations are disadvantages, not missing advantages.
Yes, GURPS assumes adventurers who are by definition people with weak taboos and great flexibility (there is a reason why the term "adventurer" can describe merchants, sex workers, and professional soldiers!) Most GURPS characters would do well to have [-1] to [-10] in a personal Code of Honour to represent their own values.

In a gritty game, I might require a Fright Check for a character with most 20th/21st century Cultural Familiarities to push a body through a woodchipper/dump it in a pig pen/wrap it in chains and drop it off a small boat. Some mental disadvantages and skills involving dealing pragmatically with blood and viscera would give a bonus; I might even allow Acting to count as a supporting skill if a player has read Double Star.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote