View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:37 AM   #19
swordtart

Default Re: Your favorite Official Vehicle Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
A Rocket RM attack is madness - they destroy themselves with BA lol. If you're going to go for an exposed cyclist bike nothing beats the original RM - just hang WAY back and snipe with a MG for around $2500.
I haven't found long range sniping with cheap bikes that effective. with no dedicated gunner or computer you will generally be dusted long before your own shots start telling on an opponent. The MG is barely going to have an effect on anything road-worthy and even HS nibbling is less effective in a stern chase. Most bikes only get two or three shots off before being taken out (usually just enough to build up a sustained fire bonus). If you are only getting a few shots anyway that large mag is wasted. You might as well carry only the ammo you expect to get off. A 3 shot MG is a very expensive way to deliver 3 x 1d damage.

At long range you are ironically more bunched up than if you are close in (consider that at range you effectively have only 1 degree of freedom). I would normally attack from an overpass or from a side road to get in close enough to have an effect, without giving my opponent lots of time to take my mob out piecemeal. Once there I can slip in amongst the herd (any misses from him, might hit his own side).

I would normally go AP to avoid the burst from the HR for pedestrians (as they seldom have armour that will intervene). With mini-rockets the burst is so small, that it doesn't really matter. On these bikes the HRs are front mounted and you should always have an intact vehicle between you and the burst (and are therefore not exposed). You'll need to coordinate your attacks to avoid hitting your mates, but that isn't hard as you will be attacking in waves anyway and you are not idiots.

Edit - Actually you might be idiots, but that doesn't mean you have to drive like one ;)

Last edited by swordtart; 11-01-2017 at 11:24 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote