View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #47
Stripe

Default Re: [OOC] Dungeon Fantasy -- Gorefest Dungeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovus View Post
From the text of Reprogrammable, it gives no indication that one must specify how the person with the disadvantage is programmed, but the first sentence is "You can be programmed to obey a master." I take the rest as a description of the effects of that sentence.

As to why, well, if they could be reprogrammed by us, we could theoretically avoid having to deal with them. Still, there's nothing saying that they can be programmed again once they're originally set, nor to say that doing so would be easy. (Indeed, in the classic golem story the programming is written on a piece of paper baked into the golem, which doesn't strike me as easy to access.)
Good thinking, but Reprogrammable is listed so as to correctly stat the creature described in the spell (Magic, p. 59):

"Likewise, there is no known spell to 'steal' a golem from its maker. The spell is permanent; the golem is 'always on.' A golem follows verbal orders from its maker; the maker may instruct it to obey others."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
I reduced shortsword skill and added Keen Hearing, Keen Vision, False Memory, and Glib Tongue. None of which are useful against golems.
Not much is! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I don't have DF, but the closest thing I can find is the house breaker's kit from low tech:

Of course, I suppose its just a list of what's needed. The Lantern 2.5 lbs will be dropped, and I already have the rope (1.5 lbs) and lock picks, but that leaves 12 pounds of tools.
Let me look around. There's an answer to this. I know I've seen something. It's bed time for me right now.

Good playing with you all tonight! See you tomorrow!
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote