View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #43
Rathbone

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Can you suggest a few surnames for his mother's kinfolk?
Spurlin, Dyess, Foley, Cowen, King, Scarborough, Thomas, Marsh, Moody, Ennis, Morrow,

Quote:
Thanks. What about a weekend trip in the summer? What are likely destinations? Gulf Shores, Mobile or somewhere further afield?
In most likely order, Panama City Beach, Fort Walton Beach , Destin

Quote:
Fair enough. So for someone to join the Army instead of trying to play for Troy or some other, less prestigious college, when he's told he's not big or fast enough for the Crimson Tide after the first few months of the season suggests a bit of teenaged petulance?
Probably, He basically was such a Die-Hard fan that it was Alabama or nothing.

Quote:
Any special condiment or method of preparation that will distinguish an ordinary sandwich anyone could have made from a Southern one with Alabama flavour?
None come to mind.

Quote:
Well, that sounds like a suitably odd culinary quirk for him. Can someone even get boiled peanuts in New England or anywhere else in America than the South?
It would be hard. I have seen them in the ‘can’ on store shelves but that was in the South-east and south-west. Finding in New England I would expect to be highly improbable. It would almost have to be in a specialty store of some kind.

Quote:
Does anyone actually use 'gosh' or 'darn'?
Probably but I would not expect to hear it very much. I really don’t remember hearing very much ‘substitute’ cursing. And what I did hear or rarely use would be considered mild today. -- Maybe ‘drat’, ‘cr*p’