View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
jwdjwd

Default Are Minatures or maps required for gurps?

Hello there. I have wanted to play gurps for ages and i am considering buying the basic sets. I have played rpgs for many years and I have regularly been a dungeon master or game master, or dm, or gm, or whatever you call it, for almost the past year and a half. however as I would most likely be dungeon mastering gurps if I bought it I decided to check if miniatures were required. I like miniatures- I just don't like dming them. in my opinion, they slow down the game and they are often way too expensive. I feel the same way about the combat graph-paper like maps used with the miniatures. so I Googled it and researched it on these forums and I just couldn't discover if minis or maps were necessary. I did see a few forum posts about them but none of those answered my question. so are miniatures required to play gurps? what about maps? are the optional? (I don't mean use a chess piece or Lego minifigure or whatever for a miniature instead of a rpg mini kind of optional; I mean are miniatures one of those rules in gurps that are included but not required?) please respond. thank you. have a excellent day.
jwdjwd is offline   Reply With Quote