View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 05:28 PM   #4976
Astromancer

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Here's a link to the Mauritius Penny which involves fascists and codes.

I picked the year of the break when Britain leaves NATO as maximizing both similarity and disruption. So I'm going to reference the ages of various fictional spies at this time.

James Bond probably born in 1920. He'd be 37. Note Flemming's sketch of Bond to see what Bond was supposed to look like.

George Similey would logically be about fifty, but Le Carre did change his age several times, so he could be younger if it suits you.

John Steed is thirty-five years old.

Emma Peel is probably 19 years old and running her dead father's corperation.

Cathy Gale is likely about thirty-two.

Matt Helm is 34 years old. Remember, his job is to hunt and kill dangerous foriegn agents.

Modesty Blaise was born sometime between 1928 and 1930, so she's between 29 and 31. Remember, she remembers nothing before 1945.

Napoleon Solo is likely 25 years old. Remember he's Bond's cousin and far less willing to kill than most on this list.

Illya Kuryakin would be about 24 and probably in the Russian Army. Remember, in this setting he's the foe. A decent man on the other side.

April Dancer would be about 15. She'd be an interesting encounter.

Alexander Waverly is likely younger than the actor who played him. If you assume that Mr. Waverly is as old as Leo G. Carroll then he's 71. I'd make him 60 or so.

Finally, Derek Flint is about 29.

Remember that both Helm and Flint are both parodies of James Bond just like Austin Powers, although with the action/laughs balance tited towards action.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote