View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #129
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Well, DF Paut for instance, 4 FP is a meaningful combat time amount in many cases to a Magic Magic mage who often has some low FP cost spells handy

Thaumatology Paut allows you to temporarily exceed your max FP throw weight (up to like 6x ST I think)

Both of these are neat tricks, and are distinct from 'I restore my FP faster than 5 minutes per FP using recover energy' which is a boring trick, and most mages prefer recover energy.

Now, by your idea, if a 4oz paut potion restores 20 energy, thats enough to fully top off the ER of a Magery 6 caster . . . that is enough to let them throw another 'tweaked to the exact circumstances that I need this spell' low end spell in a fight. I would expect there could be some interest in buying such things
Well, the majority of the figures use my "5 RPM energy = 1 FP" rule (it's morel like 4.3, but 5 feels betteR). I don't see that being a issue. Again, the problem I find is you're only going to need paut in a combat-type situation. Most other times you can just refill it with Path of Magic. And in most combat situations you are probably not actually casting a spell, you're likely using Conditionals or Charms or Potions or whatever. That in turn makes me wonder if you truly need a external refilling mechanism. Of course, if you let the rule for energy sticking around for up to 5 minutes be in use than it does become far more attractive. Hmmm.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote