View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #123
Kalzazz

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Well, the whole point of Grimoires is to be magic items that help with Magic, so I am not inherently opposed to the idea of them helping with magic in this area of 'make it less prone to critical failures through lessening dice rolls and potentially raising the bar the dice need to swing for for the crit fail when refilling the ER'

My bad on the Recover Energy bit . . . . I flavor text it in my games as being a variant off of Recover Energy and consider it a spell, even if there is no actual effects of it being a spell vs not a spell really in game, so my personal DMing leaking into posting, sorry!

I don't think spending your moneys and encumbrance to buy a grimoire that helps in refilling your mana reserve (especially in the area of trying to avoid fumbles) is going to break anything . . . . but, I will admit, I am huge huge fan of grimoires in specific and shoppables in general, so, mileages may vary

I haven't tested this at all in play, as noone has ever asked about it, and until this latest post I never thought about it!
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote