View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #8
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Fantasy Games Unlimted: Space Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
A friend wanted to run the first edition, long ago, but bogged down in confusing and missing rules. There was half a column on passing items to each other at the run, but we couldn't find out how to roll to hit someone, at range or in melee.
Did you have both books? The first edition came in two volumes of stapled books. The info you needed was in the second. They weren't _good_ rules but I managed to figure it out.

I will agree with TBC and thrash. It was an absolute mess and I say that as someone who was introduced to RP'ing by FGU's Chivalry&Sorcery.

However, I managed to run several campaigns with it anyway. It was interesting compared to LBB Traveller as it had much, much more stuff in it.

Also as stated "TransHumans" were ST Vulcan's or the people with 2 belly-buttons from Roddenberry's Genesis II. Superior humans by almost any measure.

The rest of the non-humans tended towards the furry and if playing a TransHuman was fun playing an Ursoid Space Marine had its' charms as well.

Also by its' time period's standards it had an elaborate system for psionics and if you ever managed to get a Psi-19 (this needed House Rules) rating you could eventually become a TranshHuman.