View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Captain-Captain

Default Re: [DF] Reverse Dungeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
Dang, you're right. I thought that one focused on fighting your way out of a standard D&D dungeon, starting at the bottom level. Turns out it's more like Dungeon Keeper. Should have googled it.

The main idea is, indeed, fighting your way out of a dungeon with the order of encounters reversed. The PCs should start off somewhere near the inner sanctum and then have to decide whether to take on the big bad + most-trusted minions or just escape and get on with the actual quest they've been diverted from.

Using light as a lure is a great idea, running water wouldn't be much of an option unless they really decide to ditch the cart again (they've lost five so far and are getting really possessive by now.

I haven't seen the movie, but I really like the idea of stranding them on the Plane of Shadows a lot. I might take your idea and run with it. I can't get rid of the compulsion to see them driving their carriage down a dungeon corridor and have them run into a band of goblins or some oozes or something, though. Maybe some other time.

One of the more effective dungeons of this sort was to port the party to Disneyland, At first it's easy to loot and slay, but soon the SWAT teams arrive. Getting back home should be a priority.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote