View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #94
offsides

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures Series 1 delivery thread

Mine were delivered today, and I just had a chance to go through them, so here are my thoughts:
  • I have 2 NAC, 5 PE and 1 unknown dice (haven't opened one of the Set 1 boxes yet).
  • Both green sets had split bags, as did the boxed Set 1 I opened. Fortunately nothing fell out, but the quality of the plastic bag seems very brittle and thus likely to break in transit.
  • Almost every set has at least one HT turret broken off from the 6-pack sprue. I also had at least one HWZ gun broken off. In all cases they're in the bag and accounted for, and based on my memory of plastic models as a kid I think that's a pretty good retention rate.
  • Speaking of plastic models as a kid, these feel very much the same, down to the same sound of plastic sprues hitting each other. So not only do I get Ogre Minis goodness, but a little nostalgia from making models as a kid!
  • I haven't tested the minis yet, but the dice glow nicely if exposed to a little UV radiation (I have a small blacklight - you can actually see the die start to glow after a few seconds next to it!). I can't wait to see how they do if given a few hours of sunlight :)
  • Finally, it's gonna take me forever to put this all together! Not really, but I suspect it'll be the end of the year before I get it all done, end even then that may be pushing it. Still, I'm looking forward to putting them together and then playing with them (and teaching my kids with them too!)
Kudos to SJG for excellent work, and I know I'll have better luck with these than I ever did with the metal minis.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote