View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #5
JLV

Default Re: Adventure for new players

I'm actually thinking about using Tomb of the Serpent Kings as a new starting scenario. Just plunk 'em down in front of it and let 'em work their way into it. Each step along the way, they are given a lesson in RPG-ing, and the challenges start out trivial and build in complexity and danger as they go! Seems like a pretty good way to explore the way the rules work in a nice limited scenario, with each step controlled in terms of violence, using their brains, and exploring concepts. By the time they're done, they should know the rules as well or better than they need to, have a few little rewards in terms of $$, have gained enough experience to add an Attribute (or maybe even a talent or spell), and generally know if this is the kind of thing they want to do or not.

Plus, if you've never run an adventure as a GM before, this one is light-years ahead of most starter adventures in terms of training you as a GM too.

All in all, it's the best $2.70 I've spent in a while for what it does... I'd like to see SJG develop something this good specifically FOR TFT! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote