View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #45
Nosforontu

Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Your a spellcaster, your supposed to be casting spells. If I want to play a spellcaster and can do a decent subset of everything under the sun (which I can in RPM), its annoying to have 'Oh, that Summoning Pets thing, which GURPS Magic Magic casters can get, DnD casters can get, and so forth? You dont get it.
Oh, you still get the ability of summoning pets with RPM, even if you take Eddie the Earth Elemental as an Ally. Its just that if you want a permanent effect and are a RPM caster its not a bad idea to remind both the player and the GM that he can spend character points on that trait as well.

After all just because I can get a DX bonus with RPM does not mean that its not a bad idea for me to spend character points on DX as well as bumping it up with Rituals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Spend more points on an advantage on top of all the points you spent on RPM'
Well since I am likely to keep getting points in play anyways I might as well spend them to represent "truly mastering a specific ritual till it is innate". Essentially while I can always lob a fireball charm it is nice sometimes to simply also take a few d6 of innate burning attack with a small AOE to always have access to it. Because ultimately I am always going to be getting new character points each week and bumping the 9 RPM skills, purchasing Perks, new levels of Magery and IQ will only hold my interest so long before I want to spend them on "other magical powers" for a character.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote