View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #365
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Here's a new question for you... what's the timeline of your rebooted MU here?

Presumably, if Peter Parker and a bunch of the original X-Men are all students at ESU, that keeps the time since the FF's space flight at no more than 7-8 years or so, unless maybe Peter is already pursuing grad studies. Figure Peter is a sophomore in high school when he gets bit by the radioactive spider, and no more than a senior undergrad at present, so that's six years of Spider-Man history; figure the FF debut no more than a year before Spider-Man, so that gives us 7 years of modern (as opposed to WWII) superheroics. Extend the time slightly if Peter (and probably Hank McCoy as well) have got their BS degrees and stayed at ESU to pursue their Masters and Ph.D. degrees under Dr. Connors' tutelage.
I've hinted at this in the various entries, but I should probably lay it out clearly.

I'm pretty much listing the first "year" of the universe. Parker got bit during his freshman orientation at ESU, and the FF made their first flight at about the same time. Parker and the X-Men are pursuing their Bachelors degrees at the moment, essentially having just started college.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote