View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
Shrale

Default Re: Is there a GURPS Space random planet generator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen
I meant "get" as in understand. I actually purchased Microsoft Visual Basic 9 1/2 years ago, but I was never able to wrap my head around it, the way I could with earlier BASICs, such as MS QBASIC, Amos (EasyAmos and Amos pro - I never tried regular Amos), Amiga BASIC, and Amstrad Locomotive BASIC.
I found VB + VBA somewhat interesting.

I use Winbatch http://www.winbatch.com which is a VBScript like language and can automate MS Access, Excel, MSIE and can handle most other OLE/COM interfaces.

The language is pretty easy/straightforward and they take some intermediate steps into making their functions do most of the grunt work for you, such as getting info from folders and files.

I always found Windows as clumsy and counter-intuitive (probably how you feel about VB) and Winbatch I picked up one day and have used it ever since.

About the only time I use VB or VBA or VBScript is when I can't do it in Winbatch. I also know a little JScript/Java.

>
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Shrale is offline   Reply With Quote