View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
nerdvana

Default Re: Mind Flayer Racial Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherMackenzie
Yes, but HOW would you limit its range?
I hope this doesn't seem trite, but with the Reduced Range limiter (p115) and/or the Short-Range limiter (p112 of Powers). How much? I don't know, don't have my D&D books with me, just don't recall it having the same ranges that GURPS would give psionic powers.

Quote:
I see your point. I'll get rid of Monstrous. (Also see my response to your Terror suggestion.) Maybe I'll get rid of Social Stigma (Monster) as well. Also, the Reputation would be worth fewer points--it shouldn't apply to other evil races without racial grudges towards illithids.
I don't know a SS about their brain eating habits might be in order. :)

Quote:
It would protect from other mind flayers, though. Mind flayers only listen to the Elder Brain, which would have Empathy. Other than forming small hunting groups and hunting for thralls (which the elder brain would probably organize anyway), illithids mostly pursue their own agendas. I'll have them influenced by Empathy and leave the Indomitable/Resistant to Influence question open (I agree that it would be Common, though, since the cost for immunity is 15 points).
Forgot that aspect, haven't read much about Illithids in a long time. Will be again soon though, partially due to your posts. ;)

Quote:
Thanks for all your input, by the way.
You are quite welcome. :)
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote