View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
hal

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS High-Tech: Adventure Guns

For what it is worth, I took the time to compile some stats on various cartridges based upon bullet weights and muzzle velocity for the various guns I needed for an old west campaign I'm running (sort of on hold while one player looks for a new location for his business). Once he's back to a normal schedule and I'm back to a normal schedule (I'm working three weekends this month alone due to a merger of sorts) - we'll resume the campaign. The stats for the cartridges were based on Doug's spreadsheet. Let mek know if you want what I have...

The cartridges range from .22bb and cb cap on up to the .56-56 Spencer Rimfire. They include various rounds such as the Krag, the Henry Flat, and various other rounds such as the ballard .32 extra long.

Most damaging round in my list is the .50-140 Sharps at 6d+1, while the least damaging round that I have in the list is the .22 BB Cap at 1d-1.

what I don't have is the half damage ranges or the max ranges for the various guns, nor do I have a full grasp on what the difference is between a gun using a 5" barrel versus a gun using a 7" barrel using the same bullets.

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote