View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #5
CON_Troll

Default Re: OGRE Minis 3: Waddya Think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopagus View Post
I've had some trouble getting the SB to fit in their ports. I sanded down the posts to make them fit better, anyone else having that problem?
Yeah, a couple of other folks on the IGG comments have said the same. Also, one guy apparently had a real problem gluing his parts on as the plastic seemed to "melt" more than usual with the glue he was using.

Someone else pointed out that the factory may have done SJG (and us) dirty by using "regrind" (recycled) plastic. Having been in a business that did vacuformed plastic plates, I know just how bad it is to use regrind. Such plastic does NOT hold together nearly as well as virgin plastic does. If this is indeed the case (that the factory used regrind) I hope SJG will investigate (if that's even possible for them to do) and warn them that they'll use an alternative company (again, if that is possible) if they use shoddy materials again.

Edit: I should clarify that regrind, in very small amounts, is okay for mold injection. But too much can cause issues as noted in the comments at the IGG page. Regrind used in thin sheets for vacuforming is VERY bad.

Last edited by CON_Troll; 07-01-2020 at 08:42 AM. Reason: clarification
CON_Troll is offline   Reply With Quote