View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
MWnRNC

Default Roman Empire Zombie Survival

I'd like to run a campaign where the Roman PCs encounter and fight to survive against a supernatural zombie enemy. I think we'd have a session or two of "historical" play, setting up the NPCs and establishing some mundane conflicts (perhaps with some dire omens or foreshadowing) before introducing the zombies and raising hell.

The Zombies: The zombies would be animated by a blood magic ritual enacted by the Picts(?) as a desperate ploy to stop the Romans. Perhaps they would be animated by spirits of the Wild Hunt and used like hunting dogs by their otherworldly fey masters? I'm not sure what their particular weakness (if any) would be, or how they would turn people.

The Players: Ordinary people in Roman Britain. I'd like to make some broad templates for ethnic & cultural groups (Roman, Celtic British, Pict, etc.) and a few professions (soldier, thief, noble, scholar, etc.). I think I'd like to keep them under 60 points (except for the noble).

Setting: Definitely Roman Britain, maybe after the Antonine Wall is abandoned in 162 AD? I have a broad familiarity with the history of Britain and the Roman Empire, but I'm not an expert by any means.

Resources: I have the Low-Tech, Horror, & Zombies books, as well as the Imperial Rome book from 3ed.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas that anyone would like to share!
MWnRNC is offline   Reply With Quote