View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #36
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Pyramid #3/60: Dungeon Fantasy III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinadon View Post
I'm having a little trouble understanding some of the design decisions for these. The Mystic Knight's Imbue comes with the Magical limitation, meaning you spend [9], [18], or [36] for levels 1,2, or 3. Yet the Maul and Axe both cost [19], Armor level 1 costs [10] and level 2 costs [20], and the cost for Weapon and Shield (in any combination) comes to [37]. All of these are too expensive to be Alternatives to Imbue without switching Imbue itself to be an alternate, but this would require more points than is listed for the purchase cost.

The other thing is the Halberd. The purchase cost indicates that the crushing and cutting attacks are separate Alternatives. Doesn't this mean that you can't use both the crushing and cutting attack in the same turn? Most pole-arms aren't that restrictive.
Rise, thread, rise!

Well, sorry for not replying earlier, but I was emailing the powers that be, trying to get this sorted ASAP. Long story short, it was a series of unfortunate misunderstandings, mainly mine, mostly on how to calculate the cost of fixed point innate attacks [1], and how you round[2]. There was also a misunderstanding on the cost of the attack taking up hands. The revised version should be out now.

On Halberd of Pure Magic, you can combine cut and imp on the same turn. I would allow switching to crushing freely too, IMHO, it's worth less than a perk.

Armor of pure magic had some significant changes though, and I will take the full blame for it.

[1] I was using 0.25 dice for the first point and then adding 0.3 dice per additional dice. The right way is to build it as Xd±Y, and then convert to dice (e.g. 2 points⇒1d-2, 3 points⇒1d-1, 4 points⇒1d, 5 points⇒1d+1, 6 points⇒1d+2, 7 points⇒2d, 8 points⇒2d+1)
[2] I was using the rules in Psionic Powers for TK bullet, that round only at the end. The actual rules make you calculate the cost of the unmodified innate attack, then round up, then apply the modifiers, and then round up. I use those rules in my games, and had forgotten they are not raw, and only used for TK Bullet because it's a leveled advantage and doing so smooths out the cost, that would jump up and down unpredictably otherwise
My stuff on e23

Last edited by Kuroshima; 11-14-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote