View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #61
tshiggins

Default Re: Campaign: Facets

(...ccontinued)

The members of the group agreed they had three options. Firstly, they could take the nunnupi up on their offer of assistance, and meet with whomever it was the faerie women had in mind. Beatrice and Sunmi objected, again, and everybody else agreed it was a bad idea.

Secondly, they could jump back through the portal, in two weeks, and try to disappear into that world – where a vampire lay in wait and war was about to break out.

Thirdly, A.J. said they could take their findings to the Academy Club, and try to forge an alliance with the Columbine Lodge.

After a bit of back and forth, everyone agreed with A.J. that the third option offered the greatest change for a positive outcome, so they decided to make the attempt. The group decided that, since Frank dare not go (he was under scrutiny and badly needed to keep his nose clean, for awhile), Henrietta and Aurelia would make the initial contact and ask for a meeting. The two women had the best social skills of the group, except for Frank.

That’s where the session ended, with the Autumnal Equinox two weeks away, followed immediately by a full moon, which meant the Dark Canyon portal would remain open four days, in a row.

###

Funny Quotes

Beatrice (realizing every cop in Denver was headed right for the scene of the firefight): Houston! We have a problem!

Randy (imagining the story he’d have to tell the Emergency Room about Aurelia’s injuries): Uh. She fell off a step-ladder…
GM: …right into a box of explosives.

A.J.: We’re on the radio guys!
Beatrice: We’re on the TV, too!

Aurelia (regaining consciousness): No hospitals! No hospitals! (Her eyes focus, and she’s Randy holding a rock in front of her face.) No rocks in my ass! You’re hilarious. Where’s the dumb bitch so I can kill her?

A.J. (discussing how best to deal with Darla): She can tell the truth, and she can turn us into goats!

Frank: We’re past “ethical.” Let’s water-board her, and it’ll be fine!

Randy: We’re going to be walking on egg-shells with these people. We can’t trust them!
Frank: I’m about to go to prison! I’m done with egg-shells!

Frank: Now, Jimmy, we need you to watch this lady closely. If she gets up or says anything, you shoot her, and if she doesn't stop you keep shooting her until she does, you got me?
Randy: Frank. The kid is an honorary Apache tribesman. If there is anything that we don't need to instruct him on, it is probably how to kill people.

Randy: So, we normally like to do Good Cop / Bad Cop in this situation, but you blew up our Good Cop. So now you get a Bad Cop, a Worse Cop, and a Guy Who Really Wants to Beat You Some More. Let's talk.
Henrietta: We're going to take the duct tape off, now. If you say anything that's not in English, this guy is going to break your jaw and we will do this in pencil. Nod if you understand.
Randy: I mean anything. Ennui... Naive... Buffet... Anything...
Darla St. Cloud: [very firmly nods]

Randy: Rel? Rel? What're you doing!? Wait! Wait! This is seriously going to change how I think about you- Oh ****! No... ****, this isn't... I think I'm gonna be sick...

G&AInc (OOC): Randy is basically just moping around the head shop for a few days, staring at the wall in the meditation room for hours, talking to JoCat about what really happens after somebody dies, and acting like he's severely depressed and just doesn't give a **** anymore.
Kyle (OOC): On the bright side, if Randy just doesn't give a **** anymore, he'll be able to do some pretty sick stunts on his bike. Think about it: Nothing left to lose, and the adrenaline's the only thing that can make you smile...

Jimmy: That lady ain't hardly wearin' nuthin'!
Randy: [patiently] Those are called bike shorts, Jimmy. It's normal here. [snaps fingers] Hey, hey, don't stare!
GM (OOC): If you stare, they'll stop wearing them...
Mike (OOC): We're teaching him right!
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote