View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #1246
Polydamas

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen View Post
How could that work?

New editions of core rules and codexes every two or three years and a move to big centerpiece models. They've had a few articles in their investor page over the years about it.

It can be hard to separate out the fan theories from actual practice. But the big companies like GW and WotC will often cancel lines and products that other companies would consider a massive hit.

Games Workshop has been trying a lot harder since they had a couple years of bad losses and threw out the old CEO. The new guy doesn't seem to hate the fans so much, they even have a social media presence now. But that's getting a bit off topic.
When I was playing there were some traces of that ... they released 'army books' slowly and those tended to give armies with a book an advantage over armies with the stats from the basic rules. But I can't imagine it working on a three-month scale! Painting units takes too long and people often want just another squad of Imperial Guard for their 2,000 point army who look like the six squads they already have in their 1,500 point army from last year.

I gave up on them partially because they seemed to want you to spend a lot of money continually and I did not have any, and partially because they gave me a bad feeling.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote