View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #49
zot

Default Re: A different take on priests

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
Now, Real World Religions are a whole different mess... and why I didn't run Yrth back when I liked GURPS. While I found the real religions only mildly problematic, many of my players were more upset with it. (Most especially the militant atheist; who'd have guessed?) But, using a fantasy pantheon, they all accepted it. My Pendragon game, because it uses real religion, has in fact offended at least one non-player - it's a game at a public location (FLGS's back room).
I have an explanation of what's going on behind theurgy that should keep the uncertainty level high enough to require just as much faith as religion requires now, despite the apparent confirmation it demonstrates.

I haven't typed it in yet. We'll see how it's received, but I think it should be just fine. It should satisfy both the faithful and the atheist.

Who knows, maybe Steve will even change his mind about including it as an official part of the system -- I've seen him change his mind on the forums within the past week or two!

Either way though, this system is too fun to chuck... I've been having loads of fun with my mngineer making tons of temporary gadgets that function like magic items!

Last edited by zot; 07-11-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: fix parsing error
zot is offline   Reply With Quote