View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
Jethelred

Default Re: Can i use "Cheat!" in a battle?

Clarification: Do you mean you can use the Cheat card on an Item you already have In Play? Or specifically one that is Equipped?

Rules: You may change which Items you have Equipped at any time, as long as you are not in Combat.

FAQ: You may change the status of your Items at any time that you are not in Combat (prior to rolling to Run Away) or otherwise engaged (before dealing with the effects of a Curse).

Cheat Card: Play with Item you have in play or when you play an Item from your hand. This item is legal for you to use even if it otherwise would not be.

So, if the Cheat card lets you break rules to use something, and the only limitation on the card is that the Item must be Carried or Played, and you are not allowed to Play Non-one-shot Items during Combat, then the rules add up to you being allowed to break the "change which Items you have Equipped" rule, so long as the Item you are Equipping is already Carried. (This is how my house party has agreed that the rules are written.)

Of course, it's fine for us to continue on with this as a house rule, but I was curious if we were doing it right. Seems like if "even if it otherwise would not be" means "except when Equipping carried Items during Combat", that would be an errata.
Jethelred is offline   Reply With Quote