View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #3
larsdangly

Default Re: November Status Report

All of this sounds really exciting; it is great to see how much work and ambition continues to go into this game line.

I love the concept of bringing the 'hex crawl' style of adventure play to TFT; it is a totally natural extension of the approach the system has taken to tactical-scale labyrinth games. But I would say it would benefit from adding a bit of structure to the relevant rules so it feels something like a 'game within a game'. I.e., there should be a defined hex-crawl turn duration, a way to convert your MA into hex-crawl movements, hex-crawl actions that are performed each turn, and so forth (though perhaps that is all that is needed, other than a terrain chart and something about line of sight in outdoor spaces). A couple pages of this sort of material would go a long way toward making hex crawling its own fun form of play.

Presumably you've also given some thought to material components that would be used when hex crawling. You might look at the kickstarter called 'hexplorer' for some ideas about how that might look.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote